Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport – of the filer of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form and all copies of passports of individuals listed on the C5360 Japanese Customs Form traveling with the filer of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form.
- Copy of Japanese Valid Japanese Working Visa validity of one year or more of the filer of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form
- Japanese Residence Card front and back copy of Japanese Residence Card of the filer of the of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form
- Passport page with the Japanese Immigration Arrival Stamp (landing permission sticker) into Japan of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form (the same date as the Japanese Customs Officer’s stamped date on the C5360 Customs Form
- Passport Copy of Photo Page of all individuals listed on the C5360 Customs Form
- Passport Copy of exit stamp at origin if available of the filer of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form
- Original Customs declaration form C5360 certificated stamped by Customs at customers airport of entry into Japan
- If the customer is not a national of the origin country, they will need to provide a copy of their working visa and or resident card
- Customers complete contact details, that is -> Delivery address if available, name, phone number and address of company, occupation, daytime contact number (hotel, company, any and all mobile phone numbers and a 7/24 email contact address
- All mentioned documents above are okay to be sent be by email as an scanned attachment – ALL EXCEPT for the C5360 Japanese Customs Form (the original of this must be received by International Moving Heavy Lift Cargo Japan -> The customer will be advised the address to send the original of the C5360 Japanese Customs Form
- If the customer is not a national of the origin country a copy of their long term working visa of the origin country of the shipment.
- E-Ticket (of the filer of the C5360 Customs Form) showing route from origin to Japan
- Sea and or air detailed packing inventory list in English or Japanese *(for the mandatory air inventory/packing list scroll down to view the example format AIR INVENTORY/PACKING LIST.)
- All required documents are to be received by International Movers Heavy Lift Cargo from the origin agent for sea shipments at least 20 days before and not less than 10 days before the arrival of the vessels arrival date at the sea port of entry in Japan. For air shipments 10 days before and not less than 7 days before the arrival of the aircraft’s arrival date at the airport of entry in Japan for sea shipment’s at least 20 days before and not less than 10 days before the arrival of the vessels arrival date at the sea port of entry in Japan. For air shipments 10 days before and not less than 7 days before the arrival of the aircraft’s arrival date at the airport of entry in Japan)
- Ocean bill of lading (OBL) and or sea waybill and or air waybill (AWB) (Required to be received by International Movers Heavy Lift Cargo from the origin agent for sea shipment’s at least 20 days before and not less than 10 days before the arrival of the vessels arrival date at the sea port of entry in Japan. For air shipments 10 days before and not less than 7 days before the arrival of the aircraft’s arrival date at the airport of entry in Japan for sea shipment’s at least 20 days before and not less than 10 days before the arrival of the vessels arrival date at the sea port of entry in Japan. For air shipments 10 days before and not less than 7 days before the arrival of the aircraft’s arrival date at the airport of entry in Japan)
- Keys and combinations to any locked baggage’s, cabinet’s and safe’s or any other items with lock’s and or combination’s provided by the customer before filing with the Japanese Customs Office the application for import permission.
- Important Information #1 – The owner of the goods must be present in Japan prior to the Customs clearance.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION #2- SEA and Air shipments – must be applied for with the Japanese Customs Office within 180 days and Japanese Import Customs Certificate of Approval for Import of the filer of the C5360 Customs Form with all the above documents note above from both the origin agent and all documents of filer of the C5360 Customs Form
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION #3 Air shipments inventory packing list requires a detailed value of the items.
- Two Customs declaration forms must be completed in duplicate for unaccompanied articles.
- Both forms must be submitted to the officials at the accompanied baggage inspection area upon arrival in Japan.
- One is used as the Customs record and the duplicate will be returned with an official seal.
- In the event the declaration form is not completed and certified by Customs officials upon entry, the shipment may be subject to duties and taxes.
- Newly-purchased items are duty and tax free up to 200,000 in Japanese Yen value per person, excluding an 10% consumption tax of the invoice.
- Persons living in Japan for more than 1 year may import used household items and personal effects free of duties and taxes within specified time frames.
- Copy of passport includes all members of the family indicated on form C5360 with entry stamp, visa, photo and signature
- Original passport
- Vehicle registration
- Application of duty exemption on automobiles
- Proof of ownership for more than 1 year
- Original bill of lading
- Sales receipt / purchase receipt
- Insurance certificate
- Original Customs declaration form C-5360
- KANGI form
- Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles, may be included in household goods shipments, provided that the owner of the goods has owned the vehicle for more than 1 year prior to import from the origin country.
- Automobiles and other vehicles may be imported temporarily free of duty and tax provided that they will be re-exported.
- Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles must comply with Japanese exhaust emission control and safety regulations.
- A test of emission control and safety regulations will be given (SHAKEN).
- Modifications can be quite expensive for an imported car to be examined and registered.
- KANGI forms can be obtained by the Foreign Ministry in Japan.
- Items other than Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles, must not be shipped inside any part of the Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles – if other non- Automobiles, non boats, and other non-vehicles are included there will be extreme delay’s and extreme extra costs incurred before the Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles can be applied with the Japanese Customs Office for import application. WARNING – DO NOT INCLUDE any non- Automobiles, non boats, and other non-vehicles into the Automobiles, boats, and other vehicles .
- Plants with or without soil, fresh fruits and vegetables (a quarantine certificate is required prior to Customs examination).
- To import fresh meat including poultry, sausage, ham, bacon or any other meat products requires an animal health certificate issued by the animal health authority of the exporting country.
- Bones, eggs, fat, blood, skins, hides, pelts, Fur, hair, feathers, down, horns, antlers, hooves etc. (subject to an animal quarantine inspection)
- Medicines and cosmetics (e.g., pharmaceutical products; amount for use during a period of 2 months; quasi-drugs: 24 pieces)
- Firearms (a permit is required)
- Opium, ether, narcotic drugs and utensils for opium smoking, and stimulants (including Vicks Inhalers and Sudafed)
- Psychotropic substances (excluding those designated by an ordinance of the Ministry of Health and Welfare)
- Counterfeit, altered, or imitated articles of coins, paper money, banknotes, or securities
- Books, drawings, carvings, and any other article which injures public security or morals (obscene or immoral materials, pornography, etc.)
- Articles which infringe upon rights in patents, utility-models, designs, trademarks, copyrights, neighboring rights, or layout design of integrated circuits
- Firearms (pistols, rifles, machine guns, etc.) and ammunition (bullets) thereof, and parts of firearms
- Weapons (swords, daggers, bows and arrows, etc. with blades more than 15 centimeters in length prohibited)
PLEASE NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT Regarding the Format Style of Inventory/Packing list for Air Import Shipments*
- AIR IMPORT SHIPMENTS INVENTORY/PACKING LIST ARE REQUIRED AND MANDATORY FOR THE JAPANESE AIR CUSTOMS FOR THE JAPANESE AIR CUSTOMS OFFICE FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE AS PER THE BELOW EXAMPLE (INVENTORY PACKING LIST)
- MUST BE A VERY DETAILED LISTING OF ALL ITEMS WITH QUANITY AND VALUE!
- VALUES MUST BE IN JAPANESE YEN
- *** WITHOUT AN INVENTORY PACKING LIST AS THE BELOW EXAMPLE AIR SHIPMENTS CAN NOT BE APPLIED FOR AND PROCESSED WITH THE JAPANESE AIR CUSTOMS OFFICE!
- *** FAILURE IN NOT PROVIDING AN AIR INVENTORY PACKING LIST OF ALL ITEMS FULLY DETAILED AND WITHOUT QUANTITIES AND WITHOUT VALUES DELAYS WILL OCCUR AND BE INVOICED TO THE AGENT OR CUSTOMER PROVIDING NON-COMPLIANT AIR INVENTORY LISTS FOR ANY DELAYS AND RELATED COSTS.
|AIR INVENTORY PACKING LIST|
|NAME OF CUSTOMER AS APPEARS ON PASSPORT|
|INVENTORY ITEM/BOX NUMBER||Used Household Goods and Used Personal Effects||Qauanity||Value|
|1||USED||Office Stationary||30||¥ 600|
|USED||Shoe Polish||3||¥ 300|
|USED||Coat Hanngers||15||¥ 100|
|2||USED||Kitchen Utensils||10||¥ 500|
|4||USED||Sports Clothes||10||¥ 3,000|
|USED||Sports Bag||2||¥ 1,600|
|5||USED||Language Books||10||¥ 1,000|
|6||USED||Summer Clothes||10||¥ 2,000|
|USED||Winter Clothes||5||¥ 1,500|
|7||USED||Language Books||10||¥ 1,200|
|8||USED||Small Cabinet||1||¥ 2,900|